One of the biggest problems people face when they are trying to get into shape is that they eat too much. And we all know that to get into better shape we need to burn more than we consume.
Here are 5 things you can do to help reduce your daily intake without starving yourself.
1. Stay hydrated – being hydrated makes you feel fuller. You could try and drink a glass of water before every meal to help you feel fuller so you don’t feel the need to snack after.
2. Eat more high volume and low calorie foods – start adding more salads and vegetables to your meals. This will help you feel fuller without adding in too many extra calories. Even better would be remove some carbohydrates and top up with salad or veg.
3. Eat more protein – protein is proven to keep you fuller for longer. Make sure each meal is full of protein.
4. Use smaller plates – eating off smaller plates makes your portions look bigger and tricks the mind into thinking you are eating more.
5. After dinner brush your teeth – once you have brushed your teeth you have finished for the day there is no going back. Brush your teeth after dinner and call it a day with your food.