The two main reasons people usually don’t get the results they want are; 1. Not enough activity and 2. Consuming too many calories. However if you feel like you are doing everything you should be and still not getting results here are 6 things you may have overlooked.
1) Not drinking enough water – You should be drinking roughly 2 litres of water a day + 1 litre for every hour of exercise. This does not include teas and coffees.
2) Not getting enough protein – You should be looking to consume 2-3g of protein for every 1kg of body weight that you have. Protein sources include meat, eggs, fish, lentils, chickpeas and beans.
3) You are consuming too many liquid calories – Did you know a Starbucks skinny latte has 140 calories and a small glass of wine has 130 calories! These calories add up and may be the main reason you aren’t seeing results. Reducing your intake or switching to a lower calorie substitute could make a huge difference.
4) Not getting enough sleep – You should be getting 7-8 hours sleep every night. A lack of sleep will effect mood, willpower and gym performance.
5) Not lifting weights – Everyone should try and lift weights, lifting weights makes you stronger and adds definition to your body. As well as helping to raise your metabolism.
6) Giving up too early – You have to be patient and give a new regime time and if things go badly don’t just throw in the towel! You need to realise where you went wrong, learn from it and keep going.