I’ve trained quite a few clients over the last few days who seem to be feeling a bit demotivated and even a bit down and that’s not just in the gym, it’s in life in general. Maybe it’s the change in weather or maybe it’s just down to people being a bit burnt out.
Here are a few things I try to do when I feel like I’ve hit a bit of a rough patch and feeling a bit sorry for myself. Try them and they may work for you too:
1) Sleep – I make sure I get 7-8 hours sleep for 3 days in row minimum.
2) Exercise – I do some exercise which gets me to sweat! running, cycling, interval training, HIIT, whichever I can fit in to help get my heart rate elevated.
3) Nutrition – I make an extra effort to eat healthier. I consume less processed sugar and up my intake of fruit and vegetables.
4) Socialise – I try make some extra time to socialise with friends. This is face to face, not over text or social media.
5) Book some time in for yourself – Watch a movie, read a book or even just take a bath. Take some time out to do something for yourself. Be a bit selfish and enjoy some time for you